What’s happening with the new Unitary Patent System?
5 september 2017
14 countries have now ratified the Unified Patent Court Agreement (UPCA), but we are all still waiting for the UK and Germany to finish the ratification process as the agreement cannot come into force without these two countries.
After 40 years of discussions the agreement was signed by 25 of the 28 EU member states in 2013 and the new system was expected to come into force during 2017. Brexit and legal complications in Germany have delayed the time schedule but the process may suddenly be back on track.
To get the full overview of the New Unitary Patent System please read our updated white paper available here.Back to all news
- Post13 juni 2022
- 13 Zacco Attorneys ranked as IP Stars for 20223 maj 2022
- Zacco shortlisted for 10 awards in the Managing IP EMEA Awards 202228 april 2022
- Zacco partners with Atal Incubation Centre, Manipal University Jaipur to foster innovation25 april 2022
- Zacco’s Stockholm office has moved to new premises22 april 2022
- Patent Nord Innovation Award given to PanPac Engineering21 april 2022
- Zacco feat. Morten Jessel, new Attorney-at-law20 april 2022
- Zacco moves to our new office in the centre of Malmö4 april 2022
- Tier One for Trademark Prosecution for Zacco Denmark, Sweden and Norway22 marts 2022
- Launch of the .AU domain for Australia10 marts 2022